Maritime Education for Energy Efficiency
The project MarEd mainly aims to define all energy efficiency gaps in the shipping industry and create a distance learning modules to train staff and improve the familiarity and knowledge about the following fields:
• Being familiar with present energy efficiency drivers.
• Raise awareness of staff about the most effective solutions to improve the fuel economy of ships.
• Cope with the understanding of regulations and conventions.
• Assess the energy efficiency methods and technologies.
• Provide understanding of improvements in ship design, construction and propulsion as well as calculation of Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI).
• Provide the strategies about the optimization and measurement of the ship’s operational efficiency under the scope of Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP).
• Provide all associated matters regarding real time voyage optimization.
7th January 2019
17th May 2019
3rd Transnational Project Meeting
31st Oct 2019
4th Transnational Project Meeting and Project Workshop
17th March 2020
Online Meeting and 2nd Workshop
5th Project Meeting and 2nd Workshop
30th March 2021
6th Project Meeting
21st April 2021